Humans can serve a limited number of clients at the same time. This restriction does not exist for chatbots, and they can manage all necessary queries simultaneously. Their main advantages are:
- Reduced costs: Chatbots eliminate the need for labor during online interaction with customers. This is obviously a great advantage for companies that receive multiple queries at once. In addition to saving costs with them, companies can align the chatbot with their objectives, and use them as a means to enhance customer conversion.
- 24/7 Availability: Unlike humans, once we install a chatbot, it can handle queries at any time of day. Thus, the customer does not have to wait for a commercial of the company to help him. This also allows companies to monitor customer “traffic” during non-working hours and contact them later.
- Learning and updating: AI-based chatbots are able to learn from interactions and update independently. This is one of the main advantages. When you hire a new employee, you have to train them continuously. However, chatbots “form” themselves (with certain limitations, of course).
- Management of multiple clients: Humans can serve a limited number of customers at the same time. This restriction does not exist for chatbots, and they can manage all the necessary queries simultaneously. This is one of the main advantages of using chatbot, as no customer is left unattended and you are solving different problems at the same time. There are chatbots companies already working on developing voice chatbot services.
- Complex Interface – Chatbots are often seen to be complicated and require a lot of time to understand user’s requirement. It is also the poor processing which is not able to filter results in time that can annoy people.
- Inability to Understand – Due to fixed programs, chatbots can be stuck if an unsaved query is presented in front of them. This can lead to customer dissatisfaction and result in loss. It is also the multiple messaging that can be taxing for users and deteriorates the overall experience on the website.
- Time-Consuming – Chatbots are installed with the motive to speed-up the response and improve customer interaction. However, due to limited data-availability and time required for self-updating, this process appears more time-taking and expensive. Therefore, in place of attending several customers at a time, chatbots appear confused about how to communicate with people.
- Increased Installation Cost – Chatbots are useful programs that help you save a lot of manpower by ensuring the all-time availability and serving to several clients at once. But unlike humans, every chatbot needs to be programmed differently for a new business which increases the initial installation cost. This also increases the time needed to prepare for the program and plan everything effectively. Considering the last-minute changes that can always happen, this is a risky investment as updating the program will invite added costs to it.
Zero decision-making – Chatbots are known for being infamous because of their inability to make decisions.
Faster Customer Service
One advantage of using bots is that they help you provide faster customer service. If you have a business, they can provide customer service on your website 24 hours a day. What’s more, they don’t need weekends, holidays, vacations, or sick days off.
When online customers have questions, all they have to do is ask the bot on your website. There’s no waiting on a human to look it up because the answers are a few keystrokes away.
AI Chatbots Lack Human Empathy
AI chatbots can imitate human responses, but they are still far from imitating human emotions. Many customers want to connect with brands on a level that is not yet possible with AI chatbots.
If your business is large and complex, then you need one of the advanced models of AI chatbots, which may burn a hole in your pocket. Also, the installation charges can be expensive.
Chatbots are available 24×7 and can respond to your customers instantly. This means that whenever they message you for any reason, they’ll be able to get a response immediately. As a result, they’ll be satisfied with your brand and you, on the other hand, will be able to move them along your sales funnel.
Chatbots communicate with your website visitors and social media followers in real-time. This is in stark contrast to other content of your brand that’s usually consumed passively. Such engagement can keep people on your website for longer and help in driving sales and improving your SEO.