Whatever your business, certain business functions or customer communication channels can be automated to improve the overall growth of your business.
We go into more detail on how multiple industries can benefit from AI bots, along with chatbot conversation examples to follow. Here are some of the industries where enterprise chatbots have been successfully leveraged.
What is a Chatbot?
A chatbot is a software application used to conduct an online chat conversation via SMS or text-to-speech, instead of providing direct contact with a live human agent. A chatbot is a type of software that can help customers by automating conversations and interacting with them through messaging platforms.
67% of global consumers have had an interaction with a chatbot in the last 12 months
According to figures from Invespcro, this shows how he use of chatbots is widespread. (Source: Invesp)
As this statistic shows, consumers in 2021 are much more receptive to interactions with chatbots. Only a small fraction (12.8%) report negative experiences with them. (Source: Drift)
The Smiling First Responder
When we started consulting airlines on digitizing customer service elements, it was clear from the data that the overwhelming majority of requests made to contact centers by phone or chat were easy questions.
Receive the question 50 times a day “how can I check in online?” or “what is my baggage allowance?” and respond with an audible smile every time. It’s hard ! That’s where the digital first responder comes in: there to answer the 70% of incoming queries that are so easy a human can answer them in their sleep.
What are chatbots?
Chatbots are AI-powered conversational assistants created to communicate with customers without human intervention. Powered by machine learning capabilities, chatbots learn to understand human behavior, communicate more naturally, and constantly improve the customer experience. Businesses using chatbots can optimize their entire customer service process by automatically resolving common customer inquiries.
- 24/7 Customer Engagement – With chatbots, your business is always available. You can communicate with customers around the world, offer products, and complete sales processes without having human sales agents on site.
- Omnichannel Communication: Chatbots make your brand more accessible to customers by operating across multiple digital platforms such as instant messaging apps, social media, SMS, portals online, etc
- Unified Customer Experience – Chatbots communicate with customers in the same tone and voice that suits your brand. Chatbots can offer products and services in a user-friendly way, improve customer experience and increase the chances of generating more sales.
- Chatbots break the language barrier: Chatbots can conduct sales conversations in multiple languages, expanding the boundaries of your customer service. If you have bots, you don’t need a sales agent who speaks five languages, just one bot to engage more customers worldwide.
- Automation: Chatbots can answer FAQ questions, conduct customer satisfaction surveys, and provide feedback, which will then be used to improve the sales process.